By Edward R. Marczak
This in-depth examine complicated issues in Mac community management exhibits approach directors and different IT execs tips to use Mac OS X Server v10.5 inside of a multiplatform, heterogeneous atmosphere. Following the training goals of the Apple qualified process Administrator direction, this booklet is an ideal research reduction for the Apple qualified process Administrator examination.
Read Online or Download Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Advanced System Administration v10.5 PDF
Best operating systems books
- Modern Operating Systems
- Windows 7: Fur Umsteiger von Windows Vista und Windows XP
- Debuter sous Linux avec Mandriva
- Mac OS X Lion All-in-One For Dummies
- Ubuntu per tutti! Dall'installazione all'utilizzo della più diffusa distribuzione Linux
Extra info for Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Advanced System Administration v10.5
2. What are the two processes that broadcast and receive notifications for a machine booted from Mac OS X Server installation media, ready for installation? 3. Name the command-line utility that allows manipulation of disk devices, such as partitioning and repair. 4. Name the command-line utility that allows you to install Apple packages from the command line. 5. Name the three configurations in which Mac OS X Server can be installed and run. 6. app still be used to manage the server? 7. What is the command-line utility that allows an administrator to retrieve operating system and other updates from Apple, verify, and install them?
Installer: installer: Configuring Installation installer: Running Installer Script installer: Running Installer Script installer: Finishing Installation..... ## Installing Your System 19 installer: Finishing Installation # installer: installer: The software was successfully installed..... installer: The install was successful. The -verbose flag sends additional information and current status about the installation to stdout. The -package switch specifies the package to install, in this case, a metapackage.
Installer: The install was successful. The -verbose flag sends additional information and current status about the installation to stdout. The -package switch specifies the package to install, in this case, a metapackage. Finally, the -target switch specifies the volume on which to install the package. After the installation is complete, the target machine must be restarted. You can do this using the shutdown command and the -r switch, which will cause a reboot: shutdown -r now The system then ejects the install media and reboots from the newly “blessed” volume.
Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Advanced System Administration v10.5 by Edward R. Marczak